1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Darell is going down

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by naterprius, Jul 20, 2007.

1. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Some of you know how much I hate darelldd. In case you don't know, I was a perfectly happy human being until he came along. Basically, I loved my Prius and drove it happily every day, and was pretty smug about my little car, especially since I had the foresight to get it in 2004 before the rest of you.

Then came that fateful day. The day Darell pointed out something to me: My car wasn't electric. Not even a little bit. It pretends to be, but it's nothing but a gasoline car with a battery and an electric motor.

Ever since then, I've had it out for Darell. (Or is it in? Ever since then, I've had it in for Darell. Either way).

Anyway, where was I: yes, Darell, watch out, because you took something from me, you took it, and flaunted it, and rubbed it in my face.

You took my smugness. I haven't been smug in quite a while.

Well, that's about to change. Frankly, Darell has forced me to do something rash. On Tuesday, July 24, 2007, I will regain my smugness, and my loathing for Darell will finally subside.

Darell, prepare to be challenged for top seat as King of All Smug Bastards.

(Cue the theme from the beginning of 2001).

P.S. I hate you Darell. Look what you made me do:

Attached Files:

• 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      145.2 KB
      Views:
  2. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(naterprius @ Jul 19 2007, 11:41 PM) [snapback]482038[/snapback]</div>
    You found a used Rav4 EV?

How much did you pay?

How long did it take?

Do you have solar panels on your roof? Enough to zero out your electric bill even with the Rav4EV? If you don't....Darell still wins.

P.S. That's a California car. We'd like it back please. You may send it to me and I'll see that it remains in California.

3. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Godiva:

1. Yes.

2. Too Much.

3. Too long.

4. No, wind and hydro at my house. And, no, I'm smugger. 0.05546 cents a kwh for Hydro, 0.07046 for wind. That's about 2 cents a mile. She'll go about 100 miles on two dollars worth of Longmont electricity.

P.S. You can take my RAV4 EV when you pry it from my cold, dead hands. It's a Colorado car now, baby!

(Is it Tuesday yet?)

Nate

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    damn! nice find!

5. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
  6. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Jul 19 2007, 11:38 PM) [snapback]482061[/snapback]</div>
    That's kind of like saying nice find who comes up with a 20 point buck. I've been on the prowl for an EV since about 1989 when I read about the GM Impact in Discover Magazine. It's time to drive.

Nate

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Jul 19 2007, 11:42 PM) [snapback]482062[/snapback]</div>
    I believe this earns me a full PAB. Punk A-- B----.

D--- straight.

Nate

7. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  8. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I honest to God actually began to cry I was so happy while driving it to the shipping depot in LA last Saturday.

However, the real moment came down in Seal Beach. You know how you check the fuel gauge as you go by the gas station to see if you ought to pull over? Yeah, I did that, and noticed I was low, then realized I would be charging at Costco, so I would just skip the gas station entirely. I began to giggle like a school girl.

(Smug level rising).

I am absolutely dying to start driving my new car.

They say money can't buy happiness. I tell you, they are wrong.

The real irony here is I traded my Prius for an SUV. :)

Now the rest of you punks go fuel up your gasoline powered prii. You've been officially unsmugged.

Nate

9. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(naterprius @ Jul 19 2007, 10:57 PM) [snapback]482071[/snapback]</div>
    Watch out . . . that pre-smugness is going to your head before you thought it through fully.

Darell only needs to ask one question of you to send you back into depression . . . "So, Nate . . . how many miles do you ride your bike per week?"

The 'unseating" of Darell only means he is standing on his pedals and pumping harder. ;)

10. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sufferin' Prius Envy @ 2007 Jul 19 11:22 PM) [snapback]482081[/snapback]</div>
    Oh, let him have his fifteen minutes, at least. :)

11. PriusTouring07

PriusTouring07 New Member

$26,000 battery replacement coming soon, no? :D

OUCH!!!!

12. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PriusTouring07 @ Jul 20 2007, 12:57 AM) [snapback]482096[/snapback]</div>

Probably not soon. We shall see! None the less, the $25,000 tax credit I'm taking in the State of Colorado ought to cover it.

Nate

13. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sufferin' Prius Envy @ Jul 20 2007, 12:22 AM) [snapback]482081[/snapback]</div>
    The answer is every chance I get! I've got the baby in one of these on the front:

http://www.weeride.com/centreseat.htm

Nate

14. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I wasn't sure what I was reading at first... but then, I saw your new ride...

Congratulations! That's really awesome!
    What kind of range do you have, though? Is it good for long hauls?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(naterprius @ Jul 20 2007, 08:38 AM) [snapback]482226[/snapback]</div>
    Oh, that is an excellent thing! I wish I would have had something like that when my kids were little. I never did take them on bike trips, as the whole back-of-the-bike seat was too scary for me.

15. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(naterprius @ Jul 20 2007, 10:38 AM) [snapback]482226[/snapback]</div>
    At least I can compete w/ you on that smugness score. I also have one of those!
    They're so freaking cool. My boy absolutely loves it. Every time he sees it he
    demands to go ride. I love it too, it's great for bonding w/ your child and teaching
    him things while riding.

16. Kestrel

Kestrel Bird geek

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Suh-weet! Congrats and enjoy it!

17. Cheap!

Cheap! New Member

OK Nater... Smug is in the eye of the beholder. I too now use wind energy to fill up my tank. However, I can also drive from here to Canada without plugging in if I need.

Damn... Who am I kidding? I'm not buying it either.

You and Darrel make me sick. Yes, I might get better then 100 miles per gallon in a week but I can't go 150 miles without at least some gas.

You guys win! YOU EV SMUG-MONGERS! WHOO LOOK AT ME I'M SO BETTER THEN YOU!!!

Oh yeah, you are.

Well one of these days they will make production EVs again and you'll see. I'll get one for myself and one for my wife and you'll all see....

Congratulations Nater! Jerk!

18. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Don't forget to auction off the CA Carpool sticker on eBay.

To prevent CA DMV from catching on, you should list it as a Used Tailgate for Rav4 EV.
    Put in the standard blurb about "Please read the description carefully and know what you are bidding on."
    Then say "Tailgate for display only." and "Tailgate not included."

19. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Cheap, how's your plugin holding up?

That's next on my vehicle horizon.

Nate

20. dipper

dipper Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NoMoShocks @ Jul 20 2007, 09:50 AM) [snapback]482281[/snapback]</div>
    That CA Carpool sticker is for EV only. Every CHP knows about it being the ugly yellow sticker for our Prii. So I don't think anyone would risk using it.