1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dark Blue 2009 pkg#2

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by boobah, Oct 24, 2008.

1. boobah

boobah New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Got a call last week from Prime Toyota, Dedham, MA, asking if I was still interested in a prius. I had contacted them and every other dealership last June after totalling my 2003 camry. They said they had "several" in stock and a couple more coming in! I wasn't sure I wanted to spend the $$, but I was able to choose from several colors and different packages. I added a dark gray leather interior for $1200, and it came out real nice.

I guess I was just afraid of the whole smart key thing. I am glad I got the car. The seats are stiff, but they are comfortable especially for my persnickety back. It's not the plushy, sink in the seat feeling I got from my 2003 camry xle leather interior, especially because there is only so much adjustment that can be made to one of those seats.

The dealer is good to work with. I'll report back after I've had some service done. I'm also going to wait to add some of the modifications I've been reading about, specifically the bar that goes in the engine compartment and the two stabilizers that bolt onto the underside of the car for a more stabilizing ride; and the cover for the bottom of the car to protect the engine. I'm especially looking forward to see how the car handles in the snow. I drove through some hairy-scary snow storms last winter and we're expecting a heavy snow winter this year, so I'll also report back on that aspect also. :thumb:

2. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Get a good set of snow tires. You won't go far in snow with the standard tires. Use the snows on all 4 wheels.