1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dark leather seats

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by aabbas, May 20, 2005.

1. aabbas

aabbas New Member

I'm about to order a Driftwood #4, and I'm thinking about getting leather seats in a dark color to match the dash, etc. What do you all think, would it look good? Has anyone else done something like this?

Thanks,
    Alex

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Check the album, there are some pics of leather interiors there. I recall a two tone white (or beige?) with dark grey.

3. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I was thinking of the same thing.

I have the ivory interior but I bought the black leather console cover and armrests from RobinRedBreast. I think with the dark plastic trim they're fine. Which made me think that if I ever did the seats that a black leather would be fine as well.

Of course, I have a black Prius, so the additional black isn't that off. My only concern is with the amount of light and heat the interior gets that the black leather would be awful to sit on in the summer. Since my car is only a month old, I won't know what the current upholstery is like during the summer for a few months.

4. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Take a look at my interior and see what you think.

5. aabbas

aabbas New Member

Thanks Cairo, yeah, I saw your two-tone leather already, I think it looks awesome. But this car is for my wife, and she wants something on the other end of the sporty/sedate spectrum.

6. aabbas

aabbas New Member

Well, I ordered it this morning. My wife and I have had a hard time agreeing on the color to get... I'd been leaning towards Tideland, and she wanted Driftwood because she didn't want anything too colorful. When we saw the Tideland in person, she immediately decided that it was muted enough and that it was really nice, so that's what we got.

She still really wanted leather, and the salesman and I both thought that we'd probably regret not getting it in the same color as the ivory fabric. We persuaded her to do that instead of chocolate or caramel leather.

Now we have to try to be patient while Toyota starts mining the ore to produce the steel to forge the frame to make the car to send over the ocean to arrive at our dealership sometime in 2015.

7. cillic

cillic New Member

Cairo, where did you order those from? I'm interested in Leather and lumbar support. Did you wind up heating that leather too?

8. cillic

cillic New Member

Ah, found it in another post... thanks Cairo...

"I know I will get flamed....I did leather too; two-tone with perforated leather for the centers of the seats, heated seats also. It came out beautiful, no stitching as mentioned above. The total cost was $1,850.

I have the ivory interior, so I went with ivory and dark graphite, the graphite is in the center of the seats, (seating portion) and the rest of the seats are ivory. I also did the arm rests and center console in graphite. The graphite matches the black plastic panels on the interior. It looks terrific.

The place I used is:Coach Aotomotive Restyling, 510.487.1377, they are in Union City, CA.
    Good Luck!"

9. Emilyjohn

Emilyjohn New Member

Cairo, may I ask who did your seats and what was the cost? Thanx.

10. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Eilyjohn
    Look at the post, I provided all that information.