1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dark Steering Wheel

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by [email protected], Nov 8, 2007.

1. carlson.dl@sbcglobal.net

[email protected] New Member

I'm still a Newbie. Search didn't seem to work for me. If this topic was addressed last week, sorry, but I can't wait all night for your server to go through multiple time-outs on my browser.

Anyway, the dash light adjuster works on the dash lights, but the steering wheel is completely dark at night, so I cannot find the various buttons. Is it supposed to be dark, or is something wrong?

:blink:

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    You need to eat more carrots. :D Seriously, though, the steering wheel button lights are fixed, so you can't adjust their brightness. The good news is that they work fine once you get used to them. Many of us find that they are bright enough in really dark conditions, but not quite bright enough with in-between lighting. As you get used to their positions, you won't need to see much to tell which is which. It would be nice if they adjusted, but it's not a big deal.

Tom

Another thought: In regard to the Search feature, do your searching from Google. It works much better than the built-in search.

Tom

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah they are illuminated but not brightly like on a Saab.

4. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    dont look, just get familiar with their location and feel. You shouldn't look at them while driving anyway.

5. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(qbee42 @ Nov 8 2007, 07:02 PM) [snapback]537056[/snapback]</div>
    Here yellowlabowner, I did one for you . . . and pre-P.S. . . . Welcome to PriusChat!!! :)

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=s...amp;btnG=Search

When you want to do a site specific search on Google, type in site:priuschat.com (or whatever website) and your search terms.
    Click on the above link and see the Google search box for an example.

Google is a much better search engine than the built-in one . . . plus, I think it helps not to tax PriusChat's resources . . . so there is more brainpower left over for PriusChat to service everyone's surfing needs. (a guess on my part).

But whatever you do, DON'T DO A SEARCH OR TRY POSTING AT 1AM PACIFIC TIME WHILE THE PRIUSCHAT SITE IS SCHEDULED TO DO SOME TYPE OF DATABASE HOUSECLEANING!!!! Now that is slooooooow! <_<

6. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sufferin' Prius Envy @ Nov 9 2007, 06:41 PM) [snapback]537162[/snapback]</div>
    Is that the time when I log in?
    I use another Invision board and that links to Google Search in the on site search. I wonder if the site administrator can do the same? I have no idea how these things work, I just play with them.

7. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sufferin' Prius Envy @ Nov 9 2007, 05:11 AM) [snapback]537162[/snapback]</div>
    If you don't know all of the advanced search features on Google, you can hit the Advanced Search link on the Google main page and it will step you though the options.

Tom

8. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius