1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dash Cam Install

Discussion in 'Prime Accessories and Modifications' started by Kan, Mar 14, 2024.

1. Kan

Kan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Has anyone installed a dash cam in their car? I've always had a dash cam in my previous cars and I did the installation myself by concealing the power cable in the headliner which I plugged in the fuse box to left of steering wheel. I'm not sure what set up my 2022 has and I'm nervous about messing with wires I'm not familiar with. Anyone has experience with that type of installation?

2. sylvaing

sylvaing Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I've installed that one. It's pricey but looks OEM and takes just a few minutes with no passing of wires (unless you want to record the rear of the car too).

Fitcamx 4K Dash Cam Suitable for Toyota Prius LE Limited XLE 2022 2021 2020 2019 2018 Prime Hatchback, OEM Style, 2160P UHD Video, Built-in WiFi, Loop Recording G-Sensor, Easy to Install, 64GB Card https://a.co/d/c9kRzZh

Kan likes this.
  3. Kan

Kan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    That's awesome, the price is not too bad especially that it requires no extra wiring and comes with a memory chip. Appreciate you sharing the link!

sylvaing likes this.
  4. Kan

Kan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    New dash cam works like a charm;)

sylvaing likes this.