1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

DASH CARPET PROBLEMS ANYONE?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Bob Allen, Jul 15, 2004.

1. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    This subject seems to generate near zero interest, but I thought I'd ask anyway since you all are the only other Prius owners I can find...
    Has anyone had problems with dash covers? Do they collect even more dust than the regular dash? How easy is it to take them on and off for cleaning? Does covering the MFD box create a heat problem for the screen unit inside?
    I'm looking for something to cut down the reflected glare off the dash. Several of you have posted photos of the dash covers and they look good to me.
    Bob

2. InTheWASide

InTheWASide New Member

Polarized sunglasses look better and don' change the interio

So this may not be the EXACT answer you're looking for, but especially if you WEAR glasses, I have a pair of prescription polarized/mirrored sunglasses (cost me about $275 INCLUDING eye exam at lenscrafters) and when I have them on, glare is TOTALLY cut out. If I pop them off for a sec I notice how uncomfortable it is without them.

Over July 4th when I was house shopping we were at the mud flats in DOuble Bluff beach on Whidbey Island and I was the only one in our group that wasn't whining about how bright the sand and mud were. 8)

I'm sure they're more expensive than a dash mat, but being that I've never been a fan of them, I'd get a new pair of polarized lenses anytime.

(Not sure if you caught in the other boards Bob, but I'll be living in Everett JUST OUTSIDE Lake Stevens by mid September. We can compare our Prii and maybe start a meet up in WA (if there isn't an existing one already) Hope this helped!)

3. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Hi Brad: Prescription polaroids are out of the question, especially at 275 bucks. I'm a flight instructor and polaroids are difficult to use in airplanes because they make the screens on the GPS disappear and sometimes the crazing on the windshields becomes a distraction. I use polaroid amber clip ons because I have no other option.
    I think the carpet on the dash will work ok. I used black indoor outdoor carpeting on previous cars with good effect. My concern was that covering the MFD unit might cause heat to build up, but that doesn't seem to be a problem.
    Would be fun to meet and compare notes, especially since we are both living in the same part of the country.
    Take care,
    B

4. kenmce

kenmce High Voltage Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    I don't like the reflections on the windscreen. Where do people get dash covers for a Pri?

5. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    hmmm... i guess i need to get my eyes checked since i havent noticed that problem much.

although in the past 2 weeks ive had the unfortunate commute from Auburn to Olympia at 7 PM so i can now only see spots for an hour after i get home.

6. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Re: Polarized sunglasses look better and don' change the int

As far as I have seen, there is no Prius club or meet of any kind here in WA. :( I would love to see one start, though!!! WA also lacks a PC-located club site. Perhaps it's time to change this?

7. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    We have a ton of WA members, I've been surprised that no one has stepped up to create the group.

8. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    although im waaaay down here in Olympia, i would be game for a club as long as we could say rotate meeting spots say maybe chart everyones location and pick 4-5 spots that are spread out evenly to reflect the locations of members.

other than a few (drygas and ??) most live in seattle.

maybe even a better idea since western WA has so many places to see, maybe each member taking a turn choosing a location to meet at.

another that might be a problem is that i work WEIRD hours, but as of right now, i am working an east coast schedule which is nice in that im usually off work by 1-2 PM.

but you all can email me at yahoodotcome, my user name is the same as my username at this forum.

Note: if you want to send me your email do so at yahoo or PM me. publishing your email on a public forum can make you a target of spam as there are several software programs that constantly scan all public forums for email addresses to populate lists for spammers.

9. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I live in Redmond. Though I lack a Prius of my own, I'm gonna put myself on some waiting lists next week (too much going on this week). My work hours suck: I work 7 days a week between 3 jobs. However, Sundays are flexible enough that I could skip out and join a meet instead. :D Maybe I'll rent another one and join you guys! Enterprise is my new best friend because they got me a Prius for last weekend! :love: Just make the date far enough ahead of time that I could give them time to find an available Prius.