1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dash Cover

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by gailcav, May 13, 2004.

1. gailcav

gailcav New Member

I've been looking for a website or dealer that sells dashcovers for my 2004 Prius. Has anyone out there found one? Thanks!!

2. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    There are photos of same in the photo section of this web site. My concern is that the covers will affect the airbag operation unless there is some specific provision made to insure that the bag on the pax side of dash can deploy. Otherwise, I think it would be worth investigating.
    So, those of you who submitted the photos, can you tell us where you got your mats, how much they cost, and do they interfere with airbag deployment?

3. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    See;
    http://priuschat.com/forums/viewtopic.php?...ight=dashtopper

I got mine from www.calcarcover.com and they have a separate piece for the passenger side airbag.

I ordered the beige and the light color was very distracting because of the glare of the reflection on the glass.

It is available on eBay if anyone is interested in bidding on my mistake.

4. terkar

terkar New Member

I ordered mine from Magnussen's Toyota of Palo Alto, CA.(650) 494-2100. $54.07 including shipping. Great folks to deal with. I originally ordered the light beige to match the seats in my Salsa Red Prius - when it came it was for the 2003 Prius and the color did not complement the car so.... I called Magnussen's and they sent me a new one - Black and included a return mail for free tag for the old dashmat. Black is definitly the way to go.
    installation took some time. Be sure to use lots of velcro - I bought a new roll and used most of it. Smooth our all the wrinkles & place velcro to asssist.
    I am very pleased with the result!

5. robert22877

robert22877 New Member

Does the dash mat cover the center speaker in the premium JBL system?

6. terkar

terkar New Member

I don't have the JBL sound system but am sure that if you tell them they will make the cover to fit.

7. Joel

Joel New Member

Yes it does. This is the problem I have now.