1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

DASH Express GPS

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by dbermanmd, Jun 6, 2008.

1. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I got one two weeks ago for my birthday even though my cars all have on-board GPS systems built in.

For the record - this GPS unit has been amazing - and has already saved me a ton of commuting time. There are enough users in the Manhattan region and Westchester County region where I live and commute to to make it very effective already.

Curious, anyone else here get the DASH gps yet or considering it.

And yes, it does look kind of funny having two gps screens in the Prius - I keep the DASH unit screen on a higher above ground setting to see traffic 7-10 miles ahead of me and keep the GPS system in the Prius on a tighter - closer to the ground- setting.

2. texnet

texnet Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I have had mine for a few months and I concur... it is amazing! Love the real-time local gas prices too.

3. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    what other apps do you use. I use trapster but dont see much information flowing there yet.

4. texnet

texnet Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I also tried Trapster but eventually took it off. Weatherbug is cool. Baktrax radio does not seem to work in my area. The built in Movies is great with show times. The nation wide airport delays has been helpful too.