1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dash INFO service information question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by jharper03, Jul 3, 2014.

1. jharper03

jharper03 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi all,

I am extremely new here and earlier today I found a thread (which I can not find again for some reason hence posting this) where if I hold the Info button, headlights three times and it shows the service information. Under the first service section 2 of the 3 sections say OK but the middle audio one says CHCK. What does that mean and what do all of the other sections mean? Is there a post (maybe the one I was reading earlier) that will help me?

Thank you all,

Josh

2. TampaPrius.com

TampaPrius.com Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Are you talking about putting it in diagnostic mode to test your battery?

3. jharper03

jharper03 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  4. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Your after the second button push that puts a load on the battery and gives the true under load output voltage.

1-------one button push Unloaded battery
    2-------two button push load on battery
    3-------push button and make car ready thats the charging voltage

Also anything below 11.3 volts under load the car will throw a red exclamation point on the dash just for a second when you boot the car up.
    Thats all you get to show you the battery is on its last legs.

5. jharper03

jharper03 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the response but I have no idea what you just said.

6. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Its the diagnostic procedure your talking about. The Youtube posted above. There's 3 levels of battery testing in this procedure.. One of the 3 is the load test and thats the important one.

Or if you have a volt meter its really easy. Open hood....take cover off black plastic fuse box on right by going to top edge of box and with your fingers push in the lower edge of the box taking the pressure off the lid and lift lid off...inside red plastic cover that's covering the 12 volt POSITIVE battery jump point. Flip cover up. Little metal tang bolted down. The metal tang is where you would connect the jumper cable if need to jump. This jump point for all practical purposes is the hot post of the 12 volt battery in the trunk.

While Not pushing brake down push the ready button twice....this puts it in ACC. Load on 12 volt now. Same as turning the key on a regular car to ACC but not starting it.

Get out and one probe on ground the other on the POSITIVE lug just described and read DC volts. Since your here asking about it you have probably had to jump the car and the battery may be on its last legs. I would imagine it will read below 11.5 volts.