1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dash vents I came across today while browsing....

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by TMR-JWAP, Jul 1, 2023.

1. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    SFO and PriusCamper like this.
  2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I actually bought a set of these, the fitment is really good and the packaging is top notch. Won't have to worry about it breaking during shipment, they package it really well.

SFO likes this.
  3. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I have a set of these also and mine are much softer plastic than the brittle hard new ones that came with the car once these are installed if you push in the center of any of the plastic it's pliable these won't break when you take them off and put them back on The tabs they may bend a little but they generally don't snap or it takes a lot to snap them apparently what I would say is they're more PVC then ABS or hard plastic and they can be painted these are the silver so if you have the darker color or the more copper looking color on yours they can be painted messed with whatever The vent from your original piece is unscrewed and put in this One of these that I bought the vent wouldn't fit correctly and I had to order another one It was made incorrectly it fit the hole but the vent itself wouldn't click in the tabs were incorrect I thought there was a difference between '06 and '09 vent tabs on the plastic body that you're buying from these people matter of fact I know it but I don't know which way it goes because I have the two broke down so in my '09 car I'm using these vents but in these vents I think it's the '04 to late 06 black directional louvers have to go in these I believe that's correct.