1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dash/warning lights - is this normal?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Melchior, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Melchior

Melchior Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi all,

I don't have a Prius (yet) but am looking at what's for sale, getting a feel for the Gen 2 market and learning about them.

There's an ad for a car quite far away from me and one of the photos shows the dash lit up like a Christmas tree. Is this normal during power-up or is it normal when there's something quite wrong?! There is no red triangle of doom shown; I'm unsure if that might be out of shot though.

This is the photo:
    [​IMG]

Car is quite high mileage with just over 270,000 km on the clock and is from 2006.

Thanks in advance :)

2. nh7o

nh7o Off grid since 1980

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Those lights indicate that there are error conditions in the various subsystems that each one corresponds to. To be certain, errors are most definitely not normal. There is a brief flash of all the lights right at start up, to allow checking for any missing lights due to bulb failure. But if that represents what happens when the car is turned on, then there is something to fix. If it is a car that has been sitting, waiting to be sold, the highest likelihood is that the 12V battery needs to be replaced.

3. Dookin

Dookin New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Without the speedometer being lit up, the car may be "on" or in "accessory" mode in the picture, rather than in the "ready" mode to drive. My 07 looks like this when in the accessory mode:

Imgur

Attached Files:

#3 Dookin, Mar 20, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2015