1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dash/windshield/Backup Camera + Nav Combos

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by WilMent, Mar 5, 2013.

1. WilMent

WilMent diacritic

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    I've been reading up on dash and windshield camera that records daily commutes. In case of accident or other issues, you would have video of the event. Very popular with law enforcement, commercial vehicles, and of course other parts of the world as some of you seen interesting youtube videos recorded by them. Some comes with dual cameras for the rear-view also. If positioned correctly, I think it is a good alternative to the standard backup camera. Some high end models even combines the camera with navigation:cool: Currently digging to see if the Nav is compatible with U.S. Maps.
    What do you guys think? Have any of you went this route?

The main reason for this was a 50/50 at fault accident that I had before the Prius. It took me a while but I did finally proof my case in court, and they changed the insurance company's ruling. I was 100% not at fault Dammit. It is a process I do not want to repeat. If only I had it on tape!
    FineVU_Lineup_Banner.png
    B733fixed__03267.1358440889.1280.1280.jpg
    It records the front and the rear at the same time :cool:

Car Cam Central - Dash Camera News, Reviews, Videos & Community Forums
    Dash Cam Comparison | Dash Cam Talk

2. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
  3. WilMent

WilMent diacritic

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    You read before I posted all the video and links :) . Sorry, for the incomplete post hehe.
    You are right about the GoPro being bulky, it is also very expensive because every attachment/adapter is separate $$ I think just the GoPro Black (Higher resolution) is $400 alone. I guess it'll work for people who also uses it for some other types of extreme fun.

here is a few.
    Car Cam Central - Dash Camera News, Reviews, Videos & Community Forums

I'm thinking about getting it professionally installed so they can hide all the wires, just wondering if anyone did it before. Since I have the model two, the backup display would be a good feature.

4. WilMent

WilMent diacritic

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Just found a nice looking new model
    i3500_eng01.jpg