1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dashboard color wear

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by TomD, Oct 31, 2011.

1. TomD

TomD New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    After a couple of years- a very noticeable "smear" or fade of the black color on top of my dash appeared. I do clean my car a lot, which may have caused the color ro wear off. This area is very noticeable and of course, right in front of me and draws my gaze constantly. Any one else have this damage to the top of the dash? Does anyone know if that piece can be purchased and replaced? $?

2. stevemcelroy

stevemcelroy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Before my Prius I had a VW Passat with a black interior. On one of the vents the material on the vent bubbled and then came off leaving a white plastic beneath. I simply colored it in with a black sharpie marker and while it was not perfect it was pretty darned good. Perhaps this might work for you as well - just carefully color it in - if you are going to replace the piece anyway you have little to loose.

3. fulltank

fulltank New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I've only had my Prius with black dash for a couple of months but have already decided that I'll be applying Armor All to the surface. It did not take long to get scuffed or dusty and applying a 'light' application really seems to help. Hope it's the right decision for long term?