1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dashboard damage

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by TomD, Oct 31, 2011.

1. TomD

TomD New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    After a couple of years, in my 2007 Prius, - a very noticeable "smear" or fade of the black color on top of my dash appeared. I do clean my car a lot, which may have caused the color to wear off. This area is very noticeable and of course, right in front of me and draws my gaze constantly. Any one else have this damage to the top of the dash? Does anyone know if that piece can be purchased and replaced? $?

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yes, certainly any parts can be purchased and replaced. You can consult techinfo.toyota.com regarding what is required to remove and install the plastic dashboard pieces. You will probably need to remove and reinstall the passenger airbag so this is not a trivial exercise and requires attention to the safety issues associated with SRS component removal.

You might try a salvage yard if you are willing to install a used part. If you want a new part you might try toyotaworld.com or one of the other Toyota dealers that sell parts at ~25% discounted prices over the web.