1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dashboard lights constantly flashing, clicking from Unit B Relay and back light flashing as well

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Augustin Vasilev, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Augustin Vasilev

Augustin Vasilev New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Active

I'm driving a 2006 Prius, 3 days ago my 12V battery went down to 7V and I unplugged it and recharged it. After putting it back in the car the icons on the 3rd mage are flashing non-stop and the rest of the dashboard is black.

I can stop/start the car, drive it as usual. I disconnected Unit B relay in the fuse box, but the flashing remains. Removed the + terminal from the battery several times, waited 30-40 secs and put it back in with the same result always.

When the car is off, only the most left fog light is flashing.

The following are the battery readings with the car on/off, if anyone has any suggestions to this issue, please let me know as I'm running out of ideas...

IMG_6010.JPG IMG_6011.JPG IMG_6001.JPG
    IMG_6010.JPG IMG_6011.JPG IMG_6001.JPG
    Thanks

2. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Sounds like you may have damaged the car in the charging process. And or the Combo meter (dashboard) failed. Search "combo meter."

And you need a new 12 volt battery.