1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dashboard Radio Went Out

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Mi3ke, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Mi3ke

Mi3ke Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    '07 Prius. I got in the car this AM and found I can't control my radio/CD player from the controls on the dashboard. I can control the system from the steering wheel buttons. The real pain is I have a book on tape from the library in the CD player and the dashboard panel won't eject the CD. Initial thought is that it is a fuse issue. Do any of my fellow Prii owners have a thought?

Cheers, Mi3ke

2. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    sometimes on Benzes we have to do a "hard reset" disconnect the unit for a minute and then reconnect it. maybe you will be able to get the cd out. i have had to dis-assemble stereos to remove cassettes or cds... sounds like its time for you to get a quality aftermarket head unit to replace the cheesy stock junk.

3. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  4. depriusoto

depriusoto Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Same thing has been happening on my wifes 07 with the JBL. Radio on/off knob doesn't work or it gets louder and louder or it won't control the volume. Don't think it is affecting the CD controls. As with others, steering wheel controls work fine. Car has spent its life in Albuquerque, NM so excess humidity hasn't been a culprit but heat and cold may be.