1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

DashDyno SPD vs ScanGauge II ?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by timberwolf, Jul 9, 2009.

1. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Has anyone bought a DashDyno SPD Scan Tool - Performance Meter, Data Logger, Scanner | DashDyno SPD for use in their Prius?

I am wondering how the DashDyno SPD compares with a ScanGauge II ? The only user reviews that I've found so far where on Amazon and there were only three short reviews 1 positive and 2 negative.

The SGII can be bought in the UK, where as I would have to import the DashDyno from the U.S.

2. cpatch

cpatch New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
  3. sxotty

sxotty Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  4. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I have the old version that runs off Palm. They dropped the support for Palm and stopped updating the software. Although it can communicate with CAN, the Palm software can not tap into hybrid specific information.

You need to pay extra $100 to get Toyota enhanced codes to see hybrid information for the Windows version. The same goes for the SPD. You'll need to spend $430 to see HV info.

Scanguage x-guage can show you some hybrid component information without additional cost.