1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

dashmat questions

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Bob Allen, Jul 8, 2004.

1. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I noticed two types of dash covers in the album section. One type covers the upper dash and terminates at the junction of the black topside "deck" and the rounded pieces that comprise the glove box and the area behind the steering wheel. The second type "flows" over that seam and terminates about midway down the rounded surfaces of the lower sections of the dash.

I like the looks of the first type better; where the dash cover ends at a logical seam in the dashboard, at the junction of upper and lower sections. Where do you get this type of cover? The Google search led me to several companies which make them, but there were no photos so I couldn't tell which type of cover they would sell me.

How does the airbag function with a cover on the dash? Neither of the two types I found in the photo album appear to have a cutout for the airbag. Does the force of the opening airbag simply displace the cover?

Bob