1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dashmat

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Tadashi, May 16, 2005.

1. Tadashi

Tadashi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, I forgot who asked me to post this and in what thread so I hope whomever want this finds it. :oops:

The signature series looks like polypropolene like material. This looks much better than the carpet like stuff for the traditional dashmat. I am not sure what the suede dashmat looks like. I am surprised at the amount of heat the dashmat reduces the dash. Normally it was almost too hot to touch.

2. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Tadashi, looks GREAT!! Where did you purchase this? Not only will this cut down on the heat radiating from the dash it will probably cut down on all the creaking noise the dash makes when it gets really hot and you drive on broken pavement.

Where can one purchase this and what is the cost??

TIA!!

Brian

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tadashi\";p=\"90081)</div>

3. Tadashi

Tadashi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just went to dashmat.com. I looked at several places (ie JC Whitney, and other shops) but they all seem to be drop shippers so they either chrage the same or a little bit more. The carpet version is $29, suede $39, Signature series $49. You can get a logo put on it for $30. :p

It may cut the noise but not sure. Basically, you lay it out over night then place it on your dash. They give you these adhesive velcro strips to cut up into 1" pieces to apply along the edge of the dashmat at strategic places to keep it in place.

The only thing I do not like it that some of the inner cut outs do not have edging sewn on them.

4. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    One word of caution. Stay with dark colors, I bought a tan dashmate to match the interior and the glare on the windshield was horrible. I sold it on ebay and have not replaced it.

5. djasonw

djasonw Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry to be rude but that is the ugliest thing I've ever seen. Makes the Prius look like a whore house.

6. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Dashdesigns has one that doesn't flap down over the upper glove box but stays in line with the nav screen straight across. It doesn't cover as much but I was concerned about the passenger airbags being able to deploy with the big flap. All of the openings are hemstitched rather than raw or corded.

7. Tadashi

Tadashi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(djasonw\";p=\"90709)</div>
    Not sure I understand how they relate but to each his own.