1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Date and time change not synced outside of Eastern Time?

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by aforkosh, Sep 16, 2004.

1. aforkosh

aforkosh Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    I noticed the following recently, so it may be connected to the recent forum changes. It appears that the date change is occurring at midnight Eastern time regardless of the actual local time, at least for the indices. When I view posts since my last visit, all items with a post after 9pm local time (Pacific) show up as today while those with a last post before 9pm show up as yesterday. The actual times are correct.

2. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    well the day has to change somewhere. the day is set to change on the east coast i guess.

are you saying that posts made at 9:15 PM come up as wed when it should be tues?

so the time is 24 hours off?

3. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hmm...sounds like a bug - I'll try to figure out what is causing it.

Ever thought of just moving to the East Coast? :)

4. aforkosh

aforkosh Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    No, the date change is occurring at midnight Eastern Daylight time, regardless of the user's timezone setting.

This has to do with the Yesterday-Today references on the main screen and forum lists. For example, I was last on the forum just before midnight Pacific time Wednesday. However, the User Info box informs me "You last visited on Today at 11:56 pm" (it is now 10:37am on Thursday). The cutover between yesterday and today is apparently occurring at 9pm Pacific Time.

When I view posts since last visit (listing topics in reverse order of 'last message'), all topics with a last message since 9pm Wednesday say 'Today'. It seems to me that these fields need to use a date reference relative to the User's timeas reflected in his timezone setting.

If you can't do that, the logical universal date change is when Zulu (Greenwich time) rolls over, 5 hours ahead of EST or 8 hours ahead of PST.

5. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    well i guess you could eliminate the "yesterday, today" reference and replace with date, or day.

6. darneesh

darneesh New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    HELP. I can not change my clock to the current time. I have read the manuel, checked the settings, its all correct and still it will not change my clock to the correct Central time. Any way around this?

7. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I was a little late changing the time settings in the control panel. Let me know if anyone's still having problems.

8. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Are you talking about the website, or your Prius?

As for Eastern Time, it is widely known that Eastern Time is the only real and legitimate time. People living elsewhere need to learn to adjust.

:p

Tom