1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Day One in the Life...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by rwlade, May 12, 2005.

1. rwlade

rwlade Dr. Bob

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    After a "brief" 7 (to the day) week wait, our Silent Silver Stealth has arrived! I took a few (pix) just after we got home.

Naturally we had to learn how to handle her during the peak of the Cape Coral Rush Hour and altho it's nothing like the LIE (NY) or I-280 (Silicon Valley) it still was un-nerving trying to watch traffic and look at all of the goodies on the MFD and speedo area but we brought her home w/o a scratch.

WOW! What a kick sitting in the driveway on a 88 degree Florida day with the a/c purring and no ICE running! The A.C seems to be every bit as good as others have posted here and I'm amazed at how little the ICE runs around town.

Got her up to 65 mph on Veteran's Highway and didn't notice any unstability, but it was a windless day.

After parking her in the garage I noticed a little "car" ICON flashing, then a steady glow. Hmmm, when in and checked the manual (see DanMan, I do read the manual <g>) and then went out to the car and sure enough, it was now flashing just like the book says. COOL!

I had my wife drive it around the neighborhood so she will feel comfortable driving it to the dentist this morning.

I'll post back after a day or so of learning more about her.

2. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Ah, those first few days are a lot of fun! Particularly the experiences you've read about on PriusChat, but haven't run into first-hand.

Enjoy!

3. yoda

yoda Member

Yes. Those first few days ARE fun. Especially after the torment of having to wait to get the car.

Thank GOD that my wait was only 2 weeks (I got lucky, white pkg6 was at the dealer that someone didn't pick-up. THEIR loss - MINE MINE MINE!)

Welcome to Prius ownership. I'm about a month and a half in on ownership and still loving it like the day I bought it.

I even ran into a blue one on the way home from work today (SAW it, didn't CRASH INTO it *smirk*). The guy was next to me at a light. I gave him the thumbs-up. He rolled down his passenger window, I rolled down my drivers one - he said with a smile "I just LOVE having a car that isn't a gas guzzler!".

I asked him his mileage (He had tags - clearly his car older then mine) - he said he's averaging about 45.

I'm getting about 42 (up from 39-40 when I bought it) They say that after some breaking, it increases - mine has a bit, so I guess that's true - but I'm THRILLED at 40. My old Trans-Am didn't get 1/4 that!

8)

Yoda