1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Daylight Running Lights

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by unknownone, Jun 3, 2007.

1. unknownone

unknownone Junior Member

Hi all,

I'm finally going to pick up I'm picking up my 2007 Prius Silver option #2 with alarm on Tuesday. I been waiting for the call from the dealer for 2 weeks now. I have a quick question, the dealer said to tell the insurance agent I have daytime running light on it. From the specs on Toyota.com regarding the 2007 Prius, it doesn't mention Daylight running lights. Does the Prius have it?

I know the following will give me a discount in insurance rate:
    ABS
    Airbags
    Passive Alarm
    <Not sure on Discount> Vehicle Stability Control
    <Not sure I have this> Daylight Running Light.

Also what would be the first thing I should do after driving off the dealer's lot? Car wash and wax or get home fast then read the manual? I've excited in getting this car :)

2. priusincc

priusincc Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I went thru the same drill. DRL is mentioned in the manual, but only available for Canada. I think, same is true for automatic headlights. The VIN should tell the insurance company everything they need to know.

Good choice on package. First thing I did, once I got it started, was to go home and read the manual.

3. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    You can always just turn the headlights on and leave them on. They shut off automatically when you power off.

4. Jonnycat26

Jonnycat26 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Jun 3 2007, 04:05 PM) [snapback]454517[/snapback]</div>
    Not so.

There is a certain sequence of events that will result in the lights being on when the car is off. I think you have to open the door before you power the car down, which is something I do often.

5. Neicy

Neicy Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    I don't do any special sequence with my lights. When you power off they stay on until you open the door to exit at which point the interior light will come on if you have the switch set to "door". And I thought that all new cars were required to have daytime running lights now - not only in Canadian models - but when I checked, I do not have them, which I thought I did. Another reason to trade up sooner. :)

6. azgirl85379

azgirl85379 New Member

At USAA the discounts for the Prius are:

Vehicle Tracking System (LoJack, Onstar)
    Daytime Running Lights
    Driver and Passenger Front and Side Airbags

On some vehicles it does ask for an engine immobilizer that you arm or an anti-theft system that arms automatically when the key is removed but w/ the Prius that information must pull automatically from the VIN like the ABS does.

7. CinciPrius

CinciPrius Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two