1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Daylight savings time change

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Hannah Andersen, Nov 5, 2023.

1. Hannah Andersen

Hannah Andersen New Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Does anyone know how to change the time for Daylight Savings Time on the Gen 5? I'm not sure where my user's manual is.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    2022 Prius is gen 4, but if you have a gen 5, the manual is available online

3. aforkosh

aforkosh Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    The information is on page 53 of the Multimedia Owner's Manual (not the encyclopic main manual). Briefly, if you use the "set Time by GPS' setting, there is nothing to do. As I discovered when I got into my car this morning, the clock time was 1 hour ahead until I started the car, at which time it was corrected.

If you choose to set time manually instead, then fields for manually setting time appear.

tovli likes this.
  4. HacksawMark

HacksawMark Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    I had to manually change mine today. Went into the setting menu and turned off daylight savings time.

5. Ronnie5

Ronnie5 Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    I had to manually set my time. The system was set to adjust time automatically, but I guess that only works if you have the Toyota Navigation subscription.

6. Will B

Will B Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    I still have the "free" (Included with purchase) subscriptions and have the car set the car to adjust time using GPS. The default for GPS time was off which I thought was weird, but changed it. With that, changes were completely automatic, not just for DST/not but also when crossing time zones on my big road trip. Kinda neat--especially when the change isn't something obvious like a state border as in Kansas.

will