1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

daylight savings Time change

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by So Grateful, Nov 3, 2009.

1. So Grateful

So Grateful New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    hello everyone, I have a generation three 2010. When my clock changed from daylight saving time it gained five minutes how can I manually put in the correct time

2. Blind Guy

Blind Guy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    To the right of the Steering Wheel, on the dash to the left of the On/Off Radio knob, there are three little buttons, the leftmost is the hour button, the middle is the minutes and the far right zeros the minutes.

Pressing These buttons will advance the Hours/Minutes, or will set the Minutes to 00.

David (aka Blind Guy)

1 person likes this.
  3. DeanFL

DeanFL 2010 owner - 1st Prius

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    David -

You must be a kinder soul than me - I was just writing...

Don't mean to be sarcastic - but did you check your owners manual? And surely your Prius dash clock did not change from DST by itself?

but saw your post before hitting 'submit'. I mean is it quicker to open a thread to ask a simple question as this instead of checking the owners manual. In some areas the manual can be confusing but clock/time changes...

1 person likes this.
  4. So Grateful

So Grateful New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
  5. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    why wouldnt it?? under clock setup you do have the option to enable or disable it

6. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    It wouldn't because:
    1. Politicians tend to mess with the dates.
    2. Most clocks don't, including my GII.
    3. Most clocks that do check with WWV. WWVB actually. The Prius can't do that (or can it?).

Nice that the new model has a clock that does. Hope it doesn't get screwed up by some change to DST in the next 10 years. :p

7. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    it do

Attached Files:

• DST.jpg
      DST.jpg
      File size:
      82.5 KB
      Views:
  8. creativeguy

creativeguy Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I seriously doubt that the clock on the dash in any 2010 Prius auto changed for DST. Mine did not, and my parents' new Prius did not, despite setting the option in the clock settings in the nav. I think that those settings are for configuring the internal navigation system clock.

As far as I can tell, the clock on the dash is just a dumb digital clock controlled by the 3 buttons to the right of the steering wheel. Since that clock is standard on all models of Prius (II - V), whether you have nav or not, it doesn't make sense that it would be connected to the nav options in any way.

9. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    ok. i can agree with that

10. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    If it makes you feel any better, mine gains a minute every couple of months - it's the first digital clock I've ever had that ran FAST.

11. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    well dont really know what it does. i use the "00" function to reset it to time various misc things in my life so it wasnt really set. not sure what it did BACK IN OCTOBER since that is when most computers would have done DST anyway.

but then again, i use my cellphone as a clock and none of the house clocks had to be reset due to a chore that was not completed from last spring

12. RodJo

RodJo Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V

Or just read the other threads asking the same question and getting the same answers? And, besides, it's not like Toyota invented the H-M-:00 buttons for setting digital clocks. What else would they be used for? :confused:

13. Geistemite

Geistemite Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    And what about the AM/PM indicator at the clock itself? Does anyone really need this to keep informed? I have not been able to determine when this might be helpful, as usually I can determine if it is day or night by looking out the window. :)

14. IraS

IraS Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    This thread got me curious about daylight savings time, since I just adjusted the clock manually.

After playing with it for a while, I realized there are two completely independent clocks in the Prius (with navigation). The clock on the dash (i.e. at the right of the MID) is a simple digital clock controlled by the H, M, and :00 buttons on the dash. That is the clock I reset.

The second clock is built into the navigation system. It apparently gets the time from the GPS satellites. The navigation system has a setting page where you can set the time zone and turn daylight savings time on or off. This only affects the clock in the navigation system.

So, when the time changes, you apparently must set the clock on the dash manually and the navigation clock will change automatically.

1 person likes this.
  15. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    ok. since the NAV works on knowing time (and very accurately at that) i can "easily" see why it would need us to tell it what time zone we were in etc...after all, why would i expect a NAV system to know where i was??

the clock setting is just that, clock setting. NAV does have a setting which is completely separate but nevertheless, i agree the clock did not reset to DST, none of them do.

now, if i were to set my area to Eastern time zone, would i get lost?

16. boppo

boppo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    time for some dusting.

17. creativeguy

creativeguy Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The AM/PM designation is a sign of Toyota's confidence of how comfortable the new seats are. You can get bombed out drunk and pass out in your car. Once you awaken a few days later, you'll easily be able to tell what time it is.

18. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Great response for the need for the AM/PM designation. LOL.

19. Blind Guy

Blind Guy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    IraS;

Where on the Nav screen is that clock located? My wife looked all over that screen, and can find NO clock or digital readout ANYWHERE!

She's already set the Time Zone and DST, she's even looked in some of the Settings Menus, but unable to find anything that allows you to Show/Display Clock/Time...HELP!!!

David (aka Blind Guy)

20. garygid

garygid Senior Member - Blizzard Pearl

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I held the "HH" (hour) button down until the clock stepped forward 23 hours.
    There was no DST auto-change in the time.