1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Days on lot: Honda CR-Z tops list

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by bwilson4web, Sep 18, 2010.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Movers and Losers: August 2010 - KickingTires

Well done Honda!

The report includes a 'values' list, cars that have a long inventory period but reflect good value and includes the Honda Insight. Now the Insight was not the car for us but given the Prius-like mileage reported at Fuel Economy, it is a good value.

Bob Wilson

2. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Ironically, I have seen just the opposite here... I was seriously in the market for a CR-Z but opted for the Prius instead because of the deal I got. Still very much interested in a CR-Z as a play toy and replacement for our Fit, so I've been watching the lots as well as the USAA price on them here in Atlanta. My findings are that they are not moving! Every one of the original CR-Z's delivered to the local Honda lots I have been watching is still there! Price on USAA has remained stable for the past month as well ($884 off MSRP on an EX CVT w/Nav). Honda typically does not like to discount their vehicles, although the Insight can currently be purchased through USAA for around $2000 below Invoice. I suspect we will see some incentives on the CR-Z's in the near future if this trend continues, especially here locally. Personally, I've decided to wait it out and see if the 2012's include a back-up camera, something badly needed on both the Insight and CR-Z, and a very inexpensive option that should already be there on the Nav equipped models! I've been watching, and have not seen a single CR-Z on the road with plates on it! Every once in a while I'll see one out for a test drive near one of our local Honda stores, but it doesn't appear they are selling any...

1 person likes this.
  3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I've normally used Ebay when seeking fair market value. I was not aware of United Services Automobile Association.

Thanks,
    Bob Wilson

4. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    OK, I am bemused. If I introduce a brand new model, how could it have a 95 days to sell rating until it is at least 95 days old? Even if you don't sell any, you will have good statistics for the first 3 months it is available.

"Sales in the U.S. began in August 2010."
    Honda CR-Z - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

5. PriusSport

PriusSport senior member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    $2.50 gas won't sell hybrids. $4.00 gas will. It's that simple.

6. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Agreed, that's why I was amazed to see the price of soon to be left over 2010 Prius' jump $1000 in the past week, which just happened to correspond with the $0.20 jump in gas prices!

With oil topping $75 -$78 per barrel, you aren't far off from seeing $3.00 per gallon again. Just glad I purchased when I did!

7. 1SMUGLEX

1SMUGLEX I love the smug!

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Not really. The CRZ hasn't been on sale a month yet and with a measly 14,000 a year sales goal that means people are snatching them up initially. Lets see how it sells when the new car hype dies down.:)

8. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    One ends up sitting fairly close to the ground in a CR-Z, must be willing to climb far down into it, up out. 2 seater.

Looks fun, but I couldn't deal with one as a DD.

9. rfruth

rfruth Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Doesn't the Prius have a low seating position - the `09 (15 inch wheels) I tested seamed to, and me coming from a 2000 Civic I know low - granted ya can't tell much from a test drive, never even sat in a CR-Z but it being a sports car i bet its in and down ...

10. Erikon

Erikon Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The 2010 Prius has a pretty standard seat height position. I wouldn't even know the CR-Z existed if it weren't for Priuschat! Have yet to see a commercial or newspaper ad for the thing!