1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

DC Power (passenger foot well) no longer works...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by pr4424, Oct 28, 2012.

1. pr4424

pr4424 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello all,

The DC Power/cigarette lighter no longer works. When I plug in a phone charger it lights up for a split second then goes out. This leads me to believe it is not a fuse because I don't think it would get any power at all...but I'm not sure and I don't even know where to look for the fuse to check it.

Any ideas/advice? Thanks in advance!

Patrick

2. 2006_HK

2006_HK First Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Are you sure your phone charger is not the culprit? I have had issues with phone chargers where they work one day and go out the next. This is especially true of the ones that output to a USB.

3. pr4424

pr4424 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah, I've tried two different chargers and a radar detector. They all flash for a second like it is getting power then shuts off. Sorry, I should have put that in the initial post.

4. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yes, the problem is not the fuse, in that case. Perhaps the power socket is damaged or has a loose connection.

The fuse box is under the dashboard, driver's side, near where your left knee would be when you are seated in the driver's seat.

The other fuse box is located next to the inverter, on the driver's side of the engine compartment.

koolingit and [email protected] like this.