1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

De-Bugging Your Prius!!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Gatorladytx, May 24, 2008.

1. Gatorladytx

Gatorladytx New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    :roll: Just some info for those who have ran out of elbow grease trying to get bug remains off your vehicles!! FABRIC SOFTNER SHEETS!!!! An amazing discovery that requires little or no elbow grease and makes your hands smell great! Wet the sheet and wipe!!

2. pbpuzzle

pbpuzzle New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    does this scratch the paint?

3. Whiteyprius

Whiteyprius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks for the tip - I'll give it a try. I've been spending the first dollar and a quarter's worth of time at the car wash with with the brush on the face Whitey.:D

4. penbed

penbed New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I use turtle wax bug and tar remover.
    Safe for paint and easy to use.
    Simply spray it where needed when at the car wash.
    Quick and easy-and works!!

5. Gatorladytx

Gatorladytx New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    No, it doesn't scratch the paint.

6. bac

bac Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    While this may work, it will at best strip all the wax (protection) from your finish. At worst, the chemicals may hurt your finish, or the sheet may even scratch your paint. Most details suggest that you not even use fabric softener (liquid or sheets) on any of the fabric that you use to wash/clean/wax the surface of your car due to harsh chemicals.

If you must go this route (there are many safe products designed for this), please wash your auto first. Then, after using the fabric softener sheet, wash the car again to remove the chemicals left on your paint. Finally, follow up with a coat of quality wax.

... Brad

7. pappyt

pappyt Junior Member

i think the detailers shy away from using liquid fabric softners too wash the rags in because if hinders the ability for it too absorb water or not as easily . i wash my rags and use the liq. fab.softner and when i go to wash my cars i soak them in water for a few minutes first and soak the drying towel and wring it out.