1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dead battery issues resolved?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by NYhoosier, May 24, 2010.

1. NYhoosier

NYhoosier New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have been lurking in the forums for a while waiting for my base IV to be delivered. I can't thank you enough for the knowledge I've gained from thoughts and experiences posted.

There have been multiple posts of a dead 12V battery after a length of inactivity. From what I gather, the cause was chalked up to a faulty battery. I'm wondering if any of those posters who have experienced a dead battery have ever experienced it again or has a new battery solved the issue?

Thanks!

2. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Thanks for asking, I have been wondering the same thing myself. I have never experienced the problem but I am interested, I hope it is just a batch of bad batteries but we need some feedback from those who have had the problem, please.

3. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Not exactly on topic but related.
    It appears that the GIII interior lights time out so that leaving a door or hatch not fully closed will not drain the 12v battery like the GII. At least I left my drivers door not fully closed overnight with no ill effects.