1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dead Speakers

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by grizzly1, Jan 28, 2006.

1. grizzly1

grizzly1 New Member

I have an 04 #9 with the JBL 9 speakers sys. all of my speakers went dead and the beep when you touch the display unit quit and the volume on the steering wheel quit displaying on the display unit head,also the speaker front and back controlls are greyed out,just wondering if anybody has a wiring diagram or can tell me if this sounds like an amp promblem? tried to find something that looked like an amp but gave up after a couple of hrs.
    any help would be great,also checked the radio and it works 100% just no sound
    Thanks
    Harry

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    amp is under the passenger seat. i'd bring it in- something's up. is it still under warranty?

3. grizzly1

grizzly1 New Member

4. grizzly1

grizzly1 New Member

Hey thanks,yes it is,, but like most dealers they are clueless they are saying that it is in the display head and have ordered a new one,I told the service manager that there most be an amp somewhere in the sys. he didn't seem to know ?
    Thanks again , any wiring diagrams floating around?
    Harry

5. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    they don't know the car has an AMP??? pffff.

i'll ask my husband what he knows about it tonight. he used to do car audio before becoming a tech so he's really into this area.

where are you located? some areas have great prius service and others, not so great. but that stereo system setup isn't exclusive to the prius... hmm.

6. grizzly1

grizzly1 New Member

Found a loose conector thanks

7. grizzly1

grizzly1 New Member

I FOUND A LOOSE CONECTOR EVERYTHING WORKS GREAT NOW THANKS TO ALL

8. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    glad to hear it :)

9. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    The nature of PriusChat is to tell us which connector and where it is. Someone else might lose their speakers and your answer could help them.

Genio951 likes this.
  10. grizzly1

grizzly1 New Member

Hey thanks for reminding me of that Bill,it was the main conector on the AMP under the passanger seat it looked like it was never pluged in all the way , it must of been one of 3:30 cars on Friday afternoon,,any one have a wiring diagram for an 04 #9
    Thanks
    Harry