1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dealer and Service experiences?

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by hdrygas, Jul 28, 2004.

1. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Would it be useful to start a thread on service experiences and dealer purchasing experiences? What do people think?

2. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Dave,
    Give it up if you can? How about the Olympia dealership? Are they going to give me heart burn about buying out of state. How are you doing there? I saw that you got your "protection" at All star. I have Fords up to now. I have had all my service at Bryan's Automotive for many years. All Star and Boon has been expensive and I guess that my bad experiences though the years have been negative, so I have dealer trust problems. Some are better than others. What do you think of the Olympia Toyota folks. I would have gotten a car there but I was anxious and my son initiated my getting a car in Helena. Getting a car plus seeing him was a no brinier. Or we can talk?

3. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    OK nobody has responded but I will add this. Toyota of Olympia has treated me very well. They are honorable. I call the rep I was dealing with called me when he got back from vacation. He was very understanding about my getting a car elsewhere. My deposit arrived 2 days later. I have been treated very well indeed and I am not restrained from saying so. I do not regret buying a car from Helena Motors. They also treated me well but that sort of thing is not for anyone, though if you buy my son a dinner he would show you around town. He is a college student and can be easily bribed with food. Helena is a wonderful town and I think the drive on I90 from Helena to Western Washington is one of the great drives in the US.

4. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    well i bought my car from toyota of olympia... and i also bought a car when they were sinclair rotters. so ya they treat me right. between me and my family, we have gotten 6 cars from the same salesman Fred Hamilton.

this is the only car i have gotten taht was at list, but he told me up front that he couldnt get a discount...(heck, i was worried about paying over list!!)

and he has always been very honest and up front about everything. the waiting list, etc. he even gave me a few places where he thought i might be able to get a Prius quicker. but i just waited the 5½ months.

and i doubt that he would be mad that you went out of state for your car... its not like he had one burning a hole in the lot.

in fact, the waiting list is so long that they started a "list of interest" that was for people interested in a Prius willing to take any available spot on the waiting list. this list required no deposit, etc. i guess they realized that a lot can change in a year. (which was about what the list was at last month.)

they had been promised a bigger shipment and when i was there picking up my license plates, they had gotten 8 Priuses that morning which was double what they normally got.

as far as the paint sealer and fab protect, well ya i got it at Allstar Fords... my sis works in the service dept and her price for me was waaay cheap!!

besides, the sales manager for All Star Ford is the guy who bought my house.

5. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Got my refund back in just a few days. I have been well treated by the Olympia Dealer, and the Helena one as well.

6. biff_debris

biff_debris WOOF!

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Alright, so it's been a while since anyone has replied to this thread, but I thought I'd chime in. Here in Walla Walla, the lone Toyota dealer is completely clueless about the Prius. You would think that, having sold as many as they have, even to you west-siders, that they might have noticed that there's something a little different about these vehicles. But that's not the case. I'd like to hear from anyone in the Walla Walla area (and I know there are a lot of you) about where you take your Prius for service. As far as I can see, when I go back to the dealer again, I'm going to have to take the service book in with me and explain exactly what I want them to do to the car. They don't even understand that the recommended service interval is different than the rest of their stock. I'm not sure what grade of oil they dump in "for free," or if they make sure that it's not over filled. No tire rotation.... OK, rant-mode off.... I guess I'm lucky enough to have been able to buy two Priuses (Priuii?) way out here in the boonies, but damn! I'd like to find someone who knows how to service the things! What do you suggest?

7. shandrea

shandrea New Member

Yakima has no waiting list. Talked to them today, they traded a Prius that I didn't want for one with the package and color I wanted. I'm picking it up tomorrow! I'm dealing with Jerry Olsen.

I'll let you know how it goes, but he has already been more friendly, low pressure and helpful than anyone I've worked with at Auburn, Burien or Seattle.

8. Begreen

Begreen Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Has anyone worked with the Toyota of Seattle or Burien Toyota for service?

9. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Don't know anything about Toyota of Seattle or Burien Toyota, however I really like the service at Toyota of Olympia. Mike, one of their Prius Tech is the best. He likes to interact with the owner and is very helpful. He did my SSC 50P and EV switch.

I recently had the Brake switch recall done at Bob Bridge Toyota in Renton and there service department treated me very well. Asked how soon I would like the car back, offered a loaner and when found that I would wait, they put a tech right on it and had it ready to go in about half an hour. Frendly and effecient.

10. shandrea

shandrea New Member

Just picked up my black package 4 prius. Very quick and easy pick up. The finance guy just told me the price for the warranty and I told him I wasn't interested. He set aside the warranty information and went on. No pressure what so ever.

There was one hairline scratch on the gas tank and Jerry Olsen made sure that was buffed out. He also personally cleaned dust off the engine cover when he opened the hood and saw that it had not been cleaned. Very good transaction. I've never had an easier transaction. I only wish I lived in Yakima rather than Seattle so I could take it there for service.

11. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Try the PriusChat Warranty contact for under 1K and painless.

12. larryenok

larryenok New Member

I was glad to see this thread! I bought from Toyota 101 in redwood City CA and I want to give them cudos for great customer service. The salesman did not pressure, the sales manager willingly told me when to expect my car and gave me updates. I did have to wait three months, and must admit they were impatient months, but the dealership never acted upset with my inquiries or gave me the brush off.

I have since dealt with their parts department and service department, attended a customer orientation night. This is one class operation. People are patient, friendly, knowledgable and it was clear they have a loyal customer following. Dealer price was sticker price, no add on.

Way to go guys! This should be a President's club dealership. :)

13. SeattleCommuter

SeattleCommuter New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(shandrea @ Mar 11 2006, 07:01 PM) [snapback]223700[/snapback]</div>
    Did you pay over MSRP? I am looking for a new silver Prius and am willing to travel outside the Puget Sound area to pick one up. Thx.

14. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SeattleCommuter @ Mar 29 2006, 10:21 PM) [snapback]232213[/snapback]</div>
    Just got a call ( 2-3 days ago) from Helena Motors telling me they have cars. MRSP nice drive back to the coast. Try the Web site I dealt with Kurtney Coch (pronounced cook). Don't let him put your plates on! :eek: 406 422 6310. I understand the dealer in Moses Lake is good too!

15. shandrea

shandrea New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SeattleCommuter @ Mar 29 2006, 11:21 PM) [snapback]232213[/snapback]</div>

No, I paid MSRP with no dealer markups. The only add on was the port package including bumper protector, cargo net, first aid kit and retractable cargo cover. I've read that others have paid under MSRP with this dealer, but I was just happy to get a car the next day in the color and package that I wanted.

16. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(shandrea @ Mar 30 2006, 04:55 PM) [snapback]232653[/snapback]</div>
    Shandrea Where When. Retractable Cargo Cover is standard. I hate to say this PM me the first aid kit is well... I am sorry... less than adequate. I speak as a Physician... First Aid instructor. It can be augmented. I have had a first aid kit in my car. Yes it gets into second aid just a bit, but I restrain myself. My job, in the field, is not to save the world, efusco does that, I am just there to do what I can to push back the banshee until the real troops arrive an they are the EMT's and that ain't me. I give them report and hand the patient off to the "Pros from Dover" and step back. I am not a EMT.