1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dealer badge

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by TWI, May 1, 2007.

1. TWI

TWI New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    When I bought my Prius this past weekend I forgot to tell them I did not want the dealer advertising badge on the rear of the car. I mean, I got a good deal from them, but not good enough I want to provide free advertising for them.

How can these be removed without damaging the paint? Or do I have to find an interesting ornament to cover it?

2. Marlin

Marlin New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Well, backing into an SUV and having the hatch repainted worked well for me.

I honestly don't understand why people get so bent out of shape about the dealer badge.

3. Presto

Presto Has his homepage set to PC

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hairdryer will take off decals pretty easy. Dental floss will remove the plate.

I prefer to not have a dealer badge. I took that off right away, as well as the dealer license plate frame. They ain't paying me, so why should they get free advertising? Not sure if it's still around, but if I wanted to whore out my car, there was a local advertising company that would pay you to put ads on your car. 5 bucks/month for plate frames all the way up to a few hundred bucks a month for plastering the whole car.

4. Marlin

Marlin New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Presto @ May 1 2007, 06:29 PM) [snapback]433544[/snapback]</div>
    Did you take the Toyota logos off too?

5. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I don't mind dealer badges (I don't like them, but I'm not going to go out of my way to remove it). License plate frames are another issue. They're easy enough to remove, and indeed I did remove mine. Fortunately, my dealer doesn't use badges (I assume he's thinking "We don't need no stinking badges!").

6. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <_< I, too, strongly prefer to NOT have a Dealer Badge of any kind on my cars. In my two Prius, neither has been serviced where it was bought. I believe it's better for the Service Advisor and Technicians to not be aware that I purchased somewhere else... just a notion of mine. It is NO ONE'S BUSINESS where I bought my car.

My most recent purchase provided cheap plastic license plate frames which I removed as soon as my permanent plates arrived. As for 'advertising' for the selling Dealer, I'd prefer to NOT. They extract quite enough profit to pay for their advertising. If the deal is good, I will give them 'word of mouth.'

7. TWI

TWI New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Marlin @ May 1 2007, 06:51 PM) [snapback]433564[/snapback]</div>
    No.

I chose to buy a Toyota because they make a good product. Besides, it would be hard to conceal that is was a Toyota. :blink: There is choice in where you buy a car, but it isn't much. The price the dealership and I agreed to was fair. I didn't appreciate the hour plus of extra nonsense saying "No" to ways to pump up their profit.

I went to this dealership first because of favorable word of mouth about their service department. If that holds up I will also make favorable comments about it.

OTOH, how many of you chose to go to a dealership because you show a small advertisement on the back of a car?

Thanks for the comments. I worked on the badge for a while and it came off. It was not as secured as well as I had at first thought.

8. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Marlin @ May 1 2007, 05:51 PM) [snapback]433564[/snapback]</div>
    I would if they come off easy and don't leave holes. Easier to wax the car. I kept the dealer frame on the plates because it has some utility. IMO the dealer is welcome to advertize on the car when that is negotiated in the contract. To each his own. BTW how much does that space cost on a NASCAR racer?

9. randreed

randreed Same as it ever was . . .

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Presto @ May 1 2007, 05:29 PM) [snapback]433544[/snapback]</div>
    If someone will pay for ad space I'm interested in at least taking a look at the deal.

Got any info on that company?