1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dealer called today!!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by NYMama, Aug 16, 2008.

1. NYMama

NYMama Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    It's here. Total waiting time (technically) is 1 week! (sorry everyone!).

I actually started looking in June, but the dealers by me were asking $3000 over MSRP and there was no way I would do that. I'd rather have bought a Nissan Altima Hybrid which were plentiful in the lots. So, I waited, read a lot here on Prius Chat, and was trying to decide between the Prius and Altima. My old car is on it's last wheel, but it has lasted through the summer, so I had time to decide and look for a Prius without a waiting list. If I didn't find one soon, I would have bought the Altima.

Last Sunday, I called several dealers who Prius chat members said were great to deal with & I found the car.

Planning on picking it up on Wednesday. Will post photos then!! :)

2. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Congrats!

Isn't it ashame how "Stealerships" are gouging consumers on Hybrids during high gas prices. Everyone is being told to purchase more gas saving vehicles (save the planet, save our gas resources....blah blah blah) and then besides the already higher MSRP (and now with no tax credit) for a Hybrid, the Stealerships charge even more over MSRP. How gouging is legal is beyond me, it all seems to be about greed.

As a consumer you want to do the right thing, but one shouldn't have to take in the rear to do what is right.

Good thing I bought my 07 Prius when gas prices weren't so bad and got $1000 off MSRP.

3. rfruth

rfruth Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hope I can do as well as you did :rolleyes:

4. rusty houndog

rusty houndog mountain rider

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The Pyrex glass case determined that minimum prices can neither be set nor enforced by manufacturers, or anyone else for that matter. That is still valid law.

As with any other situation, the choice is with the buyer to tell the seller to go fly or pay the asking price. HMM?