1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dealer experiences and prices!

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by emptymind, Apr 9, 2006.

1. emptymind

emptymind New Member

Hi

I am in the process of buying a new car and the Prius is on top of my list simply because it is an environmentally friendly car and it has great mileage and IMHO, it is the best looking car out there. I am on a budget and wanted to get the absolute base model and perhaps with Package 1, which has side airbags. I went to a dealership in Durham, NC and they had two cars on the lot. They both had a lot of options and the MSRP was in the range of $26K-$29K. I was hoping to keep in under $24K. I tried asking the sales manager if there was any way I could get a car with package 1 only and that I was willing to wait if necessary but he kept trying to talk me into taking package 4. I was also eager to test drive the car on the highway but all we did was drive in a loop with a 35 mph limit. The car was also out of gas and the sales guy made me take the car back to the showroom instead of filling up and making the test drive last longer than 5 minutes.

I was just wondering if anyone on this forum had managed to buy the no-frills version of the Prius and how much they paid for it. Also, how long did it take to get delivery and if they had a better dealer experience than I did.

Thanks.

2. tharwood

tharwood New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(emptymind @ Apr 9 2006, 11:24 PM) [snapback]237385[/snapback]</div>
    Check out this thread http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=12558 and contact that member to see which NC dealer he ordered from. He was able to "order" the pkg he wanted.

Mark Jacobsen Toyota has a rep for dealing in volume and may not work with you in detail on how best to get your Prius. You can check their inventory at http://www.markjacobsontoyota.com/New-Inventory.aspx
    Looks like no Pkg 1's coming for a while there.

Leith Toyota has a Silver Pkg 1 coming later this month with MSRP of $23,232 and a Red #2 at $23,407 scheduled for arrival this week.

Fred Anderson Toyota has 10 Prii scheduled this month under MSRP of $24K. Of course, dealer fees, tags, taxes with jump that up quite a bit.

Hope this helps.

3. emptymind

emptymind New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tharwood @ Apr 9 2006, 11:42 PM) [snapback]237393[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks for this. I guess I'll visit Leith and Fred Anderson soon. It is closer to where I live anyway.

4. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    If you want a longer test drive (important if you want to see how the seats feel like after a while), it may be possible to rent one. I rented one for about two weeks so see what a normal commute would be like (as well as a trip into the mountains).

5. Bill Lumbergh

Bill Lumbergh USAF Aircraft Maintainer

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I bought a package 1 at a dealer in OK, price was about $23K. I don't think I've ever had a "good" dealership experience.

6. YBLee

YBLee Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I just picked up my 06' about two weeks ago. The dealer here in southeast MA had 4 on the lot, three of which were Pk 1 at the $23,400 list. I first negotiated a buy at $22, 400 for one of them. I ended up buying a Package 7 plus extra's which listed for $28,382 for $26,800. Has everything but leather. I was shocked they would discount at all but it was the first time I went to a dealer and found any available and was able to take it for a demo. Dealer is Route 44 Toyota on Route 44, in Raynham, MA.