1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dealer Extras?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by dorso, Sep 9, 2007.

1. dorso

dorso New Member

Never mind -- I found relevant, and very useful, threads after a few more searches.

And I won't be doing either.

Thanks.

We are buying a 2007 package 4. We live in the mid-Atlantic, where acid rain and road salt are common.

The dealer is pushing two treatments as add-ons: 1) an underbody cover or coating that supposedly reduces road noise and protects against salt, etc. and 2) a sealant on the exterior paint that will prevent acid rain damage and make waxing unnecessary.

The combined price is $550.

Normally I'd ignore such offers, but I have seen cars in this area damaged by acid rain.

Any thoughts?

2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dorso @ Sep 9 2007, 04:20 PM) [snapback]509679[/snapback]</div>
    Get a rear bumper applique and clear bra from either 3M or www.ventureshield.com.

3. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dorso @ Sep 9 2007, 04:20 PM) [snapback]509679[/snapback]</div>
    Get a rear bumper applique and clear bra from either 3M or www.ventureshield.com.