1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

dealer floor mats and front bra for 07 prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by genelech, Oct 18, 2007.

1. genelech

genelech Junior Member

Anybody with feedback on dealer offered Prius 07 floormats and/or front bra?

I just bought 07 prius 1 month ago;while it still looks good considering above protection items.

Any experience here, good or bad?

Regards,

Family Doc :rolleyes:

2. NicksBlackBrid

NicksBlackBrid New Member

If you are talking about the all weather mats, I really like them. They fit perfectly and are easy to clean, except the heel of my dress shoes gets stuck in the grooves, not too comfortable.

Save your money, buy a bra on eBay for 1/91823 the price.

3. rigormortis

rigormortis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    does toyota even make a bra for the 2007??

i thought 2006 was the last year they made them

4. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Family Doc @ Oct 18 2007, 12:49 AM) [snapback]527210[/snapback]</div>
    I vote against a fabric bra as there are reports of trapped debris scratching the paint & uneven fading. I am happy with the clear film from www.ventureshield.com but you may also want to consider 3M. The car is a scratch magnet. Cover it in plastic now.

5. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I agree 1000% with JimN re the lcear bra paint protection. I have had a clear bra since new, cost me $400 installed, and have now got 67K miles and my front end still looks great. As for the floor mats, I too have the all season rubber mats from Toyota and they are great. Carpet floor mats never made sense to me unless you just drove the car in the summer.

6. toletiquesbysam

toletiquesbysam Toletiquesbysam

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I bought the Lebra bra from Ebay for $61 with taxes/insurance/shipping. It is the best way to go for pricing wise. I put it on myself (girl) and then my DH came over and he said it's gotta go, it does kinda overwhelm the front of the car. So I took off the lower portion and just left the hood one on and I do like that better! I will keep the bottom and put on when we have long trips to take or if I find the front getting beat up!
    PS-The bra does have a mesh like fabric over the grill area so for all you people who do grill blocks this would certainly keep your insulation in and not allowing it out the front at least! But would have to cut that to get the EBH plug!

7. Raider

Raider New Member

I have both Toyota dealer sold bra and Le Bra brand bra.

Toyota dealer bra has fabric/felt backing that should not get wet.

Le Bra brand bra has different backing material that they say can be left on the car, even when the car is wet.

I've included pictures of both bras to show the difference in coverage in another posting;
    http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=38948&hl=

There is another brand Colgan that has felt/fabric lined metal tabs that you bend to hold the bra in place. Both Toyota dealer and Le Bra brand bras have 5/6 round plastic clips for attachment. They would seem very durable and should last a long time.