1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dealer Recommendations/Cautions?

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by DCDura, Aug 4, 2008.

1. DCDura

DCDura Junior Member

Any experiences....good or bad...with Dealers in the Greater Hartford, Connecticut area?

2. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Dealers for what? Buying? Maintenance? Both?

And how big is "Greater"?

3. Ct. Ken V

Ct. Ken V Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    DCDura,

Stay away from Hoffman's in Avon, CT for used Priuses (not sure about new Priuses or service). They have 57 used Priuses [a 2002, a 2005, 3 2008's, & all the rest are 2007 ex-rentals (probably pkg 0 or 1's in the $27,000 to $29,000 price range, OVERPRICED!!)].

Stay away from Hartford Toyota Superstore just off the I-91 Jennings Rd exit #33 on Weston St near the post office. For new Priuses they've been asking $5,000 over MSRP. I've been told you can get them to write an order for only MSRP but that you will never be called for a car at that price. I don't know anything about them for service, but when they did have a couple of used 2004 ex-rental no-option Pkg 0's back in 2005 when I was look'g for my Prius they wanted $28,900 for them when the original MSRP for them was only a little over $21,000 & you could get a new fully loaded pkg 6 (at an MSRP dealer) for $26,600.

Lynch Toyota just off I-84 exit #63 at 179-235 Tolland Turnpike in Manchester is good for service (personal experience). They are presently show'g 6 2008 Priuses in their inventory (although probably already sold) at what appears to be MSRP (they've always been an MSRP dealer). There's one model 1220 (base pkg 0) & 5 model 1224's (one is even a Spectra Blue Metallic), but no 1226 Tourings. 2 Camry Hybrids are show'g too.

I've heard good things about Stephen's AutoMall at 1097 Farmington Ave in Bristol, but no personal experience. I've also heard good things about A-1 Toyota at 50 Amity Rd in New Haven, but again no personal experience.

Gale Toyota in Enfield (used to be an MSRP dealer) played games with me while I was on their wait'g list for my '05 Prius, so I cancelled my order with them & went up to Balise Toyota (MSRP dealer) at 1399 Riverdale St in W. Springfield (Mass) & bought my Prius there because my salesman there really worked his buns off to get me the EXACT car I wanted with no unwanted extras [& in a very short time too I might add (6 WEEKS instead of the 6 months I had been wait'g with Gale)]. I've had most of my service done at Balise too. Good people there at Balise.

I don't know of any others I can comment on. I hope this helps some. By the way, why would you come up here from Trenton, NJ? To buy? It sounds in a couple of your other posts like you may already own a Prius, but it seems I do remember someone from NJ having an awfully hard time trying to get a Prius down there. Or are you just think'g about moving to this area?

Ken (in Bolton,Ct)