1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dealer recommendations

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by jandmayra, Jun 19, 2005.

1. jandmayra

jandmayra New Member

Hi folks.

My wife and I are looking to purchase a Prius with option package #6 within the next month. Does anyone have any recommendations for dealers in the north Alabama/mid-southern Tennessee area?

Also, are people still paying MSRP? We visited two dealerships to test drive, and both had at least two Prii in stock. I also checked the inventory of several dealers within a one hour drive radius, and I see at least one Prius listing "immediately" for each. This tells me that while they are popular, the dealer should be willing to accept offers below MSRP. Is this logical or am I missing something?

2. HYACK

HYACK New Member

I made a mistake by trying to negotiate a sub-MSRP AFTER I had already placed my deposit and waited 2 months for delivery of my specific color/pkg ordered.

So, 1) there's probably a better chance to negotiate under for cars on lot than for a specific model/color desired, but 2) even if placing a special order deposit, before you even talk about putting down a deposit, ask first how much under they can go IF you were to put a deposit down and order from them!

just my perspective now that I goofed my deal. ;) but perhaps kind of like trying to bluff your hand after you show your cards! oops.