1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dealer redeemed themselves

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by sunnysandiegan, Jul 13, 2006.

1. sunnysandiegan

sunnysandiegan New Member

Since DH insisted I take the Prius to a dealer for its first service (5K) and Kearny Mesa Toyota is the most convenient and was recommended, I decided to give them another chance today. It was just as crazy this morning as yesterday afternoon! (Also saw three Prii today! Like yesterday.) However, I was treated MUCH better and am quite happy with them. They did not have me stand outside my car in the middle lane with my young child. The service guy did not let me get passed up in the line-up. He made note that I was there before other cars that had been asked to pull forward. When he asked if I had been there before, I briefly explained I was there yesterday afternoon, but had to leave without the service. He asked me to elaborate, so I did. He "comped" the entire service and thanked me for giving them another chance. He said I could ask for him every time I came in and he would take care of me. They did the service in less than an hour.

The only weird thing is my SKS has not been working properly ever since. (Never had issues before that were not "new owner" related. LOL) We've never put the fob in the dash before, not even on the test drive when we took delivery. I found it there when I tried to get out of the car after pressing POWER, which was quite odd and funny to me! LOL Could that have anything to do with it? Also, we went several places today and on the last stop, when we returned to the car, it would not start due to a door being ajar. It turned out to be a door that was not used by us today. Could it have been just slightly out of whack and caused such mayhem with the SKS and then became truly ajar after more driving? Seems farfetched, but I have no other ideas. If DH continues to have problems tomorrow, then he'll stop by the dealership on his way home or I will take it in on Friday afternoon.

Thanks to those of you who recommended KMT. I would NOT have gone back, if not for those recommendations.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Check the button beneath the steering column for the SKS. It may have been pressed inadvertently...that happened to me at the car wash the other day. Push it and see if the sks starts working properly.

3. sunnysandiegan

sunnysandiegan New Member

Thanks for tip, Evan! I'll keep that in mind for any future issues. Whatever was wrong yesterday seems to have resolved itself.

4. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    That's good it worked out. I scheduled an appointment there on Saturday for an oil change and the steering recall. I'll let them know not to fail me as I'm on PriusChat and have recommended them to other Prius owners.

5. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aaf709 @ Jul 13 2006, 06:42 PM) [snapback]285979[/snapback]</div>
    Just a bump to say that I had made an appointment online with them for Saturday. It was done to my specifications and completed in about 3 hours (they called me when it was done). This included the steering recall and I haven't found any alignment problems yet.

6. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I just got my recall letter so I'll be calling them Monday to set up an appointment.