1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dealer reprogramming: reverse beep, auto lock?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by swich2mac, Jul 15, 2009.

1. swich2mac

swich2mac Go Hard or Go Home!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I have seen a few threads (can't remember which ones) regarding dealer reprogramming mods on their 2010 Prius. Can you please share what you have done?

Reverse beep: What is the default set to and what have you changed?

Auto locking doors: What is the default speed set to which they lock and what have you changed?

Unlocking doors: Something about being able to unlock all doors with the remote? Not quite sure but someone mentioned they had their fob reprogrammed to allow it do something to this effect?

Please chime in so that I can have my dealer adjust mine when I pick up my car next week.

Thanks,
    Scott

2. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man_also

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    1 person likes this.
  3. wvgasguy

wvgasguy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V

Yes, do it as "part" of the deal. Others have complained about the service dept wanting to charge for this.

I had them set the reverse beep to "single". After 600 miles I like that setting rather than no beep at all. The continuous beeping would drive me crazy as every time I leave the house I have to back out of a 50 foot driveway.

I did not change the seat belt warning. Not sure why anyone would, but some do.

I believe you can do the key lock yourself. While some settings may seem agrivating they may have a purpose. For example if by pressing the key you unlock all doors, then if at dark someone is waiting for you to unlock your car, they can jump in with you. If it's a friend that's OK but what if it's a mugger? I like only having the drivers door open with the single key touch.

4. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man_also

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    swich2mac, check your Private Messages.

EDIT: I received your PM. Check your email.

5. Martin37

Martin37 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Reverse beep: dealer changed to one beep ONLY at NO charge!

Press both lock & unlock buttons on key fob at same time til you hear two sets of two beeps - 5 seconds or so - and all doors will unlock when touching driver's door handle; repeat to reverse.

6. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Is it true that package V with NAV/ATP beeps only once as default, in contrast to the other packages?

7. zencat

zencat Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    You can do that yourself. It's in the manual. There is a whole section on self programable settings.

8. Morgank6

Morgank6 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Just stopped by my dealer. The tech that helped me said they hadnt done it for any other new prius owners, but he got out his laptop and had the backup beep and passenger side seat belt beep both turned off for me in about 5 min, free of charge. Yay no more annoying beep!

-Morgan

9. RFBrown

RFBrown New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Zencat, have you been successful with that? i tried for a long time and another poster said that their Tech tried for 45 minutes and could only do it with the computer. If there is a trick, i would love to know what it is.

10. rudiger

rudiger Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    AFAIK, the 'auto-lock' when the vehicle is in motion/taken out of park is the only self-programmable feature on Gen III.

I had to have the remote door-lock, headlight-off delay, and reverse beep all changed by the service dept. Price was $100 because they claimed it takes two hours labor to do it.

As to why I went with the single-press, all-door-unlock, it's because unless you have a V, freaking Toyota changed the SMS to one-door 'only', unlike the previous gen which had 3-door on all models equipped with SMS. So, now, when I want to open a locked passenger door, I have to fish around in my pocket for the remote, instead of just touching the door handle (like my previous Prius).