1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dealer Run-around

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by rwithop, Sep 21, 2004.

1. rwithop

rwithop New Member

So I ordered a Seaside Peal (blue) #6 in June of 2004. I have two and a half more months to go, as of the latest update.

Getting impatient, so I decide to check all used/new Prius postings within a reasonable area. To my surprise I found a few. After calling each one, it turns out, none of the dealers actually have a Prius available but are posting them on online websites anyway!

I can't stand when dealers use tactics like this to get you on their lot.

Anyone else having this experience?

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Isn't that illegal in some way? Is that considered "bait and switch" or not since they didn't sell you something else. It certianly is 'sleezy' to advertise something that's not in your inventory. However, I know that there are a lot of businesses - not just car dealers - who want to use the internet but haven't quite come to grips with it. Perhaps it's an oversight. Just trying to look at both sides of the coin.

But if you get the feeling that it was intentionally, yeah, stay away from there. Today it's an internet ad that's not real, tomorrow they're making promises to your face they won't back up.

3. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    It turns out the Silver BC at AutoFair in NH I posted is just such a thing. I sent the info to someone on the board who had posted he was looking for a BC in New England. He checked it out and it is a car coming in and will only be sold to someone off the list if no one on the list wants it.

I, too, consider that sleazy.