1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dealer service departments in Denver Metro?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by tkil, Feb 29, 2008.

1. tkil

tkil New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    If anyone has recommendations (or warnings!) for dealer service departments in the Denver Metro area, I'd love to hear them. I'm in Broomfield (northwest) for now, but am headed south again tomorrow, so I should be able to hit pretty much any dealer from Boulder down through Castle Rock. (Or even Colorado Springs, I suppose.)

Thanks!

p.s. The dynamic search after thread subject entry is very spiffy -- nicely done, Danny!

2. HydroZoom

HydroZoom Bring on the fuel cells...

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I had a bad experience with the Mountain States Toyota service department. One of the HID headlights on my '07 Touring went out just before the 36 month warranty expired, and I had to travel out of state so I couldn't get it taken care of right away. I got back into town just after the warranty expired and explained my situation to them. The HID headlights are normally covered under warranty, but they said they couldn't help me because the warranty had just expired. They wanted over $300 just to replace the bulbs, and "suggested" replacing the ballasts as well (which, of course, would have been extra). They even said they might have to take the bumper off, but weren't sure. Their offer sounded ridiculous, so I decided to do a bit of research online and found the bulbs on ebay for around $60 including shipping (total for both) and replaced them myself in under an hour without taking the bumper off. Needless to say, I haven't been back.

I've had much better luck with Lexota in Evergreen. I don't have a whole lot of experience with them, but in our limited dealings seem to be fair and honest.