1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

dealer service dept says 2 recalls for 2008

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by taggart, Aug 10, 2010.

1. taggart

taggart Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I was having my oil changed by my dealer last week. He mentioned that there were 2 recalls on my Prius.

The first one was for shaving down the accelerator pedal. I told him that I thought I read in the recall notice that if the car had the mat hold down tabs and the mat was properly installed using these tabs, the accelerator pedal modification was unnecessary. I can't locate my recall notice at the moment. Was I correct or does Toyota wish to modify the pedal anyway?

The second one was for a computer update. I told him I had not received a recall notice on it. Once again, was he mistaken?

I didn't do either one. What say you?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i have an 08 and have not received any recall notices. i did receive a notice telling me to remove the floor mats until i received a notice to bring the car in. but that notice has not come. and i wouldn't bring it in if it did. and i didn't remove the floor mats. and i still know which is the gas and which is the brake.:)

3. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You are correct regarding #1, but it appears that Toyota wants to implement the recall regardless of your floor mat status.

Regarding #2, who knows. That is certainly possible. You might inquire into which ECU is affected, what is the problem that is being solved, and what is the TSB number (or even better, a copy of the TSB itself.)

1 person likes this.
  4. davidj08

davidj08 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The second one was for a computer update. I told him I had not received a recall notice on it. Once again, was he mistaken?

NHTSA website lists two recalls for '08 Prius. One is for the floormats. The second is for 153418 vehicles sold via Southeast Toyota Distr. This recall corrects missing or inaccurate load carrying capacity labels. Campaign ID# is 10V036000. There was a recall for early 2010 Prius to change computer with respect to brakes after ABS actuation. Campaign ID # is 10V039000. Perhaps your dealer was mistakenly referring to this recall. At any rate, dealer should be able to give you reference # to research the recall. Alternatively, you can go to toyota.com, click on "for owners" link, plug in the VIN and get a listing of what recalls apply to your Prius.

2 people like this.