1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dealer Service Verification

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by yardman 49, Jul 1, 2009.

1. yardman 49

yardman 49 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    For all you DIYers:

My 2009 G2 Prius came with the "2009 Scheduled Maintenance Guide". At the bottom of every 5000 mile interval Maintenance Log, there is a place for the "Dealer Service Verification".

If I decide to do most of the service work myself, do I still need to bring the car to the dealership to "prove" to them that the work was done, so that they can "stamp" the book?

If I don't do this, can they refuse to honor warranty work, claiming that the required maintenance either was not done, or not done correctly?

Thanks

2. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I used to take my GF's Avalon to the dealer and I took my Prius to the dealer for the first service - they never "stamp" the book or even ask to see it. They give an itemized list on a separate printout of the work done instead. This probably varies from dealer to dealer, but I don't think you are required to get a "stamp" in the book.

I use the book to document my DIY service(s). I put a check next to each of the required items as I perform them and add notes like tread depth, oil type and part numbers for filters and any replacement parts. I put the date and mileage at the bottom. For the first service, I wrote in the book that the dealer performed the service and listed the items that they did incorrectly (that's why I don't take it to them anymore).

1 person likes this.
  3. 2009Prius

2009Prius A Wimpy DIYer

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I plan to document DIY car care done by taking photos, keeping receipts for parts, and recording in the Toyota owner web site.

1 person likes this.