1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dealer sun shade for prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by wiiprii, May 25, 2007.

1. wiiprii

wiiprii New Member

Ho Prii Drivers,

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but it's getting hot up here in WA state, and I stopped by the dealer the other day to ask about a sunshade for the Prius. I figured they'd have one made for the car. The guy said there is none! He showed me some generic ones, which I wouldn't want to deal with. They looked like oval shapes, which wouldn't provide a complete cover.

Is this your experience too? I'm kind of shocked Toyota doesn't make one for the Prius. I would like to get a custom shade for the windshield.

Thanks for your help.

-wiiprii

2. patrickindallas

patrickindallas Shire rat

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wiiprii @ May 25 2007, 02:51 PM) [snapback]450016[/snapback]</div>
    I got one right here in the Prius shop. It's a bit unwieldy at times, but it covers the whole windshield (even the two little windows on the side).

3. westex39

westex39 New Member

I just got mine yesterday. They are a hand full to install, and even more so trying to roll it up in the car.
    On the good side, it does fit the windshield very well. Makes a world of differance in the inside temp. I also got the windows tinted and I'm really happy with that.

4. wiiprii

wiiprii New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(patrickindallas @ May 25 2007, 01:06 PM) [snapback]450021[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, I just found that one, sorry for the unnecessary question!

-wiiprii

5. okiebutnotfrommuskogee

okiebutnotfrommuskogee Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Order the one from the Priuschat Shop. It is custom made for the car and fits just like the previous post says. The Prius windshield is a big square piece of glass and a generic one will not cover it properly. If I remember correctly, the price is about $30.00.

6. priussoris

priussoris New Member

Or you can make your own by going to home depot and buying the reflective sunshade material and cut to fit . We did ours, and we covered the interior side with auto upholstery material we had. pix below:
    [attachmentid=8338]
    [attachmentid=8339]

Attached Files:

7. GoEco

GoEco Red Prii Rule

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I prefer the style that twist into a small circle, to the roll-out style. I just tried out the one I had from my Matrix in my new Prius and it fit nicely. It was a few years ago that I bought it, but I wouldimagine they still sell them. You just have to make certain you get the right size for your car.

8. boulder_bum

boulder_bum Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I concur on the recommendation to buy the one from the PriusChat shop. It seriously covers every square inch of the windshield (and side windows) like nothing else you'll buy, and you get used to setting it up and taking it down fairly quickly.