1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dealer wants to buy my prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jtmhog, Jul 13, 2008.

1. jtmhog

jtmhog Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I received a letter form my toyota dealer 7/11 stating that he wants to buy my 06 prius for what I paid for it. The prius market is upside-down--used pri are going up in value !!! The offer is good for a week. The dealer is Miller's Toyota in Manassas, VA. I won't take their offer but, will get on the waiting list which is estimated at 3 months. I'll sell the 06 myself by placing an ad in the washington post newspaper. There is one prius in the wash. post this weekend--an 07 with 23k miles for 27K. No package number stated. Miller offered me 19K for my 04 prius on a trade-in on an 06 prius. I sold it myself for 21K.

2. nazzy

nazzy New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Here in my town, they are rolling out at $5000 over MSRP as a rule. I didn't pay that 3 weeks ago, but still paid over sticker. This is not a car one should have buyers remorse over I believe, as it is a nice car..pricey but you'll feel much better at the gas station once in a while next to the guy in the full sized Hummer. They need to have First Aid Kits out there at the pumps for sure, for these owners getting fuel, as it is painful indeed for all the SUV folks in my town, and man, there are many of them here in the desert.

My dealership hasn't offer to buy mine yet...but they are offering me well below real invoice on anything else on the lot. They are some real good MPG cars there too.

Very happy with my Prius, but have one problem in programming Voice tags for the Blue tooth phone system hands free, so I can call by name. Any help on that out there? The manual is lousy I think on this function. All other phone settings are fine.

Thx for any help on steps to add a voice tag to be able to call by announcing a name only ?

I have option 5 on this Seaside Pearl Prius. Nice color.

3. JamesWyatt

JamesWyatt Señior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    While it may be more true in the case of the Prius, solicitations like this from your former dealer are a common way to advertise. They will offer to "buy back" your vehicle at original base MSRP, while the fine print tells they can deduct for "excessive mileage and wear and tear". It's the same old BS to tell you they are having a "sale" to get you in the door. In light of Prius values, they may have modified this "dealer letter" form of advertising to specifically target their existing customer database of Prius owners.