1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dealer Websites and inventory

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by jmpenn, May 1, 2006.

1. jmpenn

jmpenn New Member

I live about 30 miles west of NYC, which means that on a search for Toyota dealers, I get a whole lot of hits within a real short radius. I started surfing around the new car inventory sections of some of their websites. A few observations and comments.
    1) At the very least please tell me the color of the car!
    2) Do not list every single standard and optional piece of equipment in the car separately. Anyone searching your inventory knows the option packages. Making me look through 75 lines of equipment to figure out which package the car comes with does not help. In fact when I see that, I move on to the next dealer.

I saw what looked like a Seaside Pearl #7 on one dealers site. But it looks like they added the GBS with it's stupid $1200 mark up. No thanks. 15 dealers down, 24 to go. :blink:

2. bagwell

bagwell Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Whitestar @ May 1 2006, 02:59 PM) [snapback]248101[/snapback]</div>
    from what I found, the online inventories for the Prius are BS. Most of those cars are already sold....I don't why they show up as AVAILABLE. The only truly available cars (besides cancelled orders) are extra cars that Toyota ships them.

3. Catskillguy

Catskillguy New Member

Same here... The onlines are what they have, but most are already sold. If Peekskill NY is not a trip, I bought my car from Geis... I'll give you the sales person's name.