1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dealers in Tucson, Phoenix, or Nevada

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by stevehc, Dec 28, 2005.

1. stevehc

stevehc New Member

Hello all. I live in Central Oregon and will be going to Tucson in late Feb for a month. Prices here were over MSRP a few months ago (will check again), and if I could buy in Tucson, Phoenix or even at an enroute location like Reno, Las Vegas or So Cal I'd save driving/motel/food costs worth one to three hundred bucks, in addition to the driving time (2 or 3 days for me). Tucson therefore saves the most, but other places along the route would save some. I can drive south thru CA to LA, then East to Tucson, or south through Reno, Las Vegas. Close to the same time/distance.

I'm worried most about being able to make a deal from long distance, and have it honored when I show up, so I need a reliable/honest dealership, and then a (relatively for a Prius) low price.

I'd sure appreciate any help anyone can offer.

Thanks

2. NightRider

NightRider New Member

[/quote]

Steve,

Hi there. I live in Phoenix, AZ. One question, why would you pass up the no sales tax in Oregon?

Ok, here is what I know. Prior to purchasing my prius, I did a thorough comparision of all the dealers in the Phoenix area (except for 1) which are

-Camelback
    -Scott
    -Power
    -Right
    -Big Two
    -Bell

I compared base pricing, dealer adds, dealer doc fees, tax rates, wait list, BBB ranking, sales managers and sales personel.

Big Two was and is in all areas by far the best dealer in the Phoenix area.

The pricing was as follows for a #3:

MSRP = $21,725.00
    #3 = $1,475.00
    Destination = $580.00
    Mats, Rear Bumper Applique, Wheel Locks (port applied accessories) = $310.00
    Dealer Doc Fee (lowest of all dealers) = $299.00
    Tax % (7.8% = lowest for Phoenix area dealers)

3. notsure

notsure New Member

Nightrider
    You did better than me in dealing with the phoenix dealers, I ended up going to Vegas to get mine.

So Steve i
    f you choose to buy in Vegas call Chris Corbo
    desert Toyota 702-253-2145
    MSRP, no destination fee, doc fee of 299.50

I called him and within 10 minutes had a car. It is sitting there waiting for me to fly over and get it. Going to have a weekend vacation with some friends and get a new car.

4. larryp

larryp New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(notsure @ Dec 29 2005, 09:25 AM) [snapback]180581[/snapback]</div>
    Had a bad experience with Centennial Toyota in Las Vegas. The salesman was very nice but the management was dishonest.

Live in LA but was willing to travel because I wanted a 2006 Package #4 (not sold in CA) because of the Vehicle Stability Control, which is highly recommended by Consumer Reports.

They promised me Prius package #4 in the Silver Pine, even sent me the vin #. Then they asked me to
    send a certified bank check for the total in advance of the car being delivered to their dealership. I refused telling them it's not customery to pay for a $25,000+ car sight unseen and got them to agree to not charging doc fee and another junk charge totaling $600.00.

The next day a sales manager called and they refused to sell me the car. Called Toyota Corporate office to complain and they told me they had no power over dealerships and they can charge whatever they want.

Still looking for a 2006 Prius Package # 4 0r even #6 in Silver Pine. I'm not willing to pay over MSRP. It's a rip-off when dealers tell you they sell the car for MSRP then add all these charges and other add ons of things you don't want.

:angry:

5. nmrickie

nmrickie Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    I had good luck with Larry Miller Toyota in Peoria (Phoenix area). But deal with the fleet manager, Terry Ford, NOT one of the salespeople who will charge you more than MSRP. She also gave me a fair deal on my trade. Very nice lady!