1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dealerships fault of Not??

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by yes.ittransforms, Sep 1, 2008.

1. yes.ittransforms

yes.ittransforms 100K!!!!

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    hey all,

Ok heres the deal, I am the proud owner of a 2007 Black Prius that I got in early 2008. Well being that I was a hard sell he gave me the protective coat for free both inside and out, so of course I was said ok include that. Well now I clean my car religeously and all of the care tips I see in here are repedative to me I used to detail cars. But no matter what I do there is lines ( not swirls ) LINES under in the paint :eek: .. I am starting to believe that this was there before the coat was applied en-tombing it forever into my car. Now I would love to have some opinions from you great people on if you think this is the dealers fault and if I should ask them to try to FIX it. ANY advise would be much appreciated :) .

P.S. -- it has been about 6-8 months since I got it.

thanks for your attention...
    Jonathan
    USAF

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    you mean like buffing marks?

the toyoguard sealant isn't permanent, really it's a load of crap and it's good that you didn't pay for it... :)

3. yes.ittransforms

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    loks like it was dried with a bed of nails when you get it just right in the light. I have tried lots of methods to get them out but to no avail.

4. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi Jonathan,

It will be very tough to sell the story that the car's finish was damaged at delivery, if you have waited eight months to complain.

5. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There's no such thing as "free" at a car dealer.

It's much too late to do anything about this. Next time Just Say No to all dealer-applied crap.

6. 9G-man

9G-man Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    You've got a Black car. No mystery there.

The Toyoguard paint protectant is not perminant in any way. It came with a container of wax/sealant that needs to be reapplied by the owner- every 6 mo. I think.
    Where and how do you wash your car? I hope you don't go to an automatic car wash.
    If so, enough said.

7. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Every imperfection shows with the black finish. I don't think you have any case at all, especially after a few months.

Tom

8. yes.ittransforms

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey all,

Thanks for your replies. it confirms what I was thinking. but thats what forums are for... loads of information from real people.

Thanks All
    Jonathan