1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dealerspeak

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by bigbaldcuban, May 10, 2004.

1. bigbaldcuban

bigbaldcuban New Member

I was visiting a dealership in Weatherford (West of Ft. Worth) that had my preferences, but I had never placed a deposit. The fellow I spoke to said that he hadn't been allowed to even place orders since October and had just now started placing new Prius orders with Toyota. He said that if I've recieved my Toyota letters/keychain I won't need to compromise on color/package. Is this just news to me?

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Sounds like another dealer talking out of his nice person. The Yota letters/keychain are just verification that your "order" has been placed into their central system. This doesn't mean you have a car on order or that it's like Burger King and you're gonna get your car your way without extra onions or mustard. Just means, "Yes, we know you exist in this world."

3. bigbaldcuban

bigbaldcuban New Member

That's what I thought. But this guy basically told me if I've already recieved my letters, I'm going to get my car from my original dealer faster than he ever could, barring a freak occurence (Random cancellation that can't get placed) He basically told me to stay with my original dealer, and didn't take my deposit.