1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Dear friends . . .

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by bwilson4web, May 31, 2009.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    One of my favorite, Firesign Theatre albums is titled "Dear Friends" so when 'a priori' used in his salutation in another thread, it cracked me up. But it also suggested something I wanted to share:

'and learn Turkish ...' But there is something that might be even more fun.

The notorious "greenhuman.net" web site, the Jetta TDI advocacy site, is still open. So I posted my recent highway mileage report on our new 2010 Prius. And then like the "Monster" in "Young Dr. Frankenstein" who when the little girl ran out of flower pedals to throw down the well 'I had an idea.' ... I just got back from the Edmunds web site and sure enough, they have a form for "user vehicle reports."

Many of the hybrid skeptic publications have web sites for user feedback on their articles and vehicles. Well maybe, just maybe, it is time for those of us who have bought a 2010 Prius to share our user impression with them. After all, what reporter (or their editor) wouldn't love to hear how accurate their reports are compared to the real world experience of those who actually bought and tested the various rides.

I don't agree with visiting other vehicle forum sites to 'pick a fight.' Like teaching a pig to sing, it won't work and is plain wrong. But when "Edmunds" or "Car and Driver" or "Motor Week" or the other usual suspects publish poorly researched and inaccurate reports, well those of us who have a 2010 Prius now have the facts and data to answer in kind.

Is this a better use of time than doing chores around the house? No. But like the "Monster" and the little girl, an idea is born. Now to tune in to more Firesign Theatre on a highway near you.

Bob Wilson

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Great idea Mr. Wilson! :)

3. auricchio

auricchio Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    "Please inflate shoes..."

4. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    This is what I sent to Cars.com:

The key is to use your words, your opinion, and your experience. Make it real and from your heart.

Bob Wilson

4 people like this.